Hay Mew - Sleeps 4
(extra bedroom and ensuite bathroom available to sleep 2 more for additional charge)
Part of an original stone barn built in 1871, Nethergill Hay Mew has been sympathetically converted to a very high standard into a comfortable and spacious hayloft over 3 levels, retaining many of the original features. All the windows have extensive views over moorland, woodland and traditional hay meadows.
Read what others have said about their stay.
Take a virtual tour here
Children of 4 years and over are welcome. One well behaved dog welcome. Strictly no smoking.
At a glance:
- Downstairs lobby with Yorkshire flagstone floor.
- Up stone steps to spacious sitting room with large woodburner, TV, DVD and stunning views.
- Large well equipped open plan kitchen/dining area with washing machine, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and microwave.
- Mew lower bedroom (west aspect) twin bedded with en suite bathroom - (bath and shower).
- Upstairs to Mew upper bedroom (west aspect) double room with king size bed and en suite bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Free superfast broadband through Wifi.
- Starter packs of tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, toilet rolls, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, one log basket full of logs.
Check prices and availability
Mew lower bedroom
Twin bedded room situated off the main sitting room area, with en suite bathroom with bath and shower over. Views over woodland and up the dale. Individually sprung beds with luxury feather and down filled duvets and pillows, crisp white linen and soft fluffy towels. Plenty of hanging and storage space.
Mew upper bedroom
Spacious, light double room with luxurious king size bed, luxury feather and down filled duvet and pillows, crisp white linen and soft fluffy towels. Curtained area shown on the photograph is now replaced by solid wall for complete privacy. En-suite bathroom with bath and shower over. Views over woods and up the dale.
Mew additional room
Hay Mew can also offer an additional bedroom and en-suite bathroom if required. This additional room is accessed from the Hay Mew kitchen area and is spacious and light with views over the fells. This can be made up as either a twin bedded room or a king size bedded room with en-suite bathroom, bath but no shower. The additional charge for this room is £30 per night minimum 3 nights and booking to be arranged separately. This additional room cannot be booked via the on-line booking system
Open plan kitchen and sitting room
Large well equipped open plan kitchen/dining area with far reaching views over the fells. Spacious and light sitting room area with large wood burning stove.